ESP Coaching Requirements
**Must be Completed Annually**UpdatedWednesday June 2, 2021 byTim Dodge.
Welcome ESP coaches! We greatly appreciate your volunteer services to help support our programs and the kids of our communities. Please take the time to fulfill the following requirements for coaching with the ESP Recreation Council. Thank you!
(1) Baltimore County Background Screening - Be sure to pick Southeastern Baltimore County and Edgemere Sparrows Point Rec Council. This mandatory processakes about 3 minutes. This is a County requirement of all volunteers who will interact directly with program participants. When approved, your name will be added to a County list of approved coaches. Your approval is good for one (1) year. Coaches need to submit to this screening once each year if they are coaching, assistant coaching, managing, team mom, etc. (Any type of volunteering)
(2) CDC Concussion Training - Takes about 5 minutes to create a new FREE account and 25 minutes for the online training. Upon completing the online course, coaches are to submit their class certificate to their respective Program Chair. Your certification is good for one year (1) in the ESP Recreation Council. **Training works best with Google Chrome or Firefox. Explorer may not work correctly. Use the attached Tip Sheet for assistance:
(3) Register online - All coaches, team managers, volunteers must register online with their respective program (when available). The registration is FREE!
(4) Read & understand and sign the COVID-19 Waiver form below. (You can do this online when you register as a coach).
(5) Please read the ESP SMART PLAY - COVID19 SAFETY PLAN (form below) recommendations emphasizing smart practice/game plans.
|COVID-19 - Waiver of Liability.pdf|
|ESP Rec - Tip Sheet - CDC Concussion Training.pdf|